Website Camden Coalition
The Senior Program Manager for Policy and Advocacy is responsible for managing projects and programs that relate to the research, design, and implementation of the Camden Coalition’s public policy advocacy efforts. These efforts aim to improve local, state and federal policies that impact the health and social care needs of vulnerable populations, including healthcare delivery system reform, housing, transportation, and behavioral health.
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for establishing and strengthening relationships with local, state, and national partners and, in particular, serving as the policy lead for the Camden Coalition’s activities as a Medicaid-designated Regional Health Hub in New Jersey, which includes extensive interaction with state administrative and legislative leaders. The Senior Program Manager is responsible for managing and developing junior policy team members and student interns, as needed.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of program activities related to public policy research and advocacy.
- Engage and collaborate with community partners, including board members, the Coalition’s Community Advisory Committee, city and state officials, health and social service providers, partnering organizations, and local residents.
- Research, design, and advocate for changes in public policy and development of public programs that support the mission of the organization. Use lessons generated by our programs and services to inform future policy priorities.
- Coordinate meetings andprofessional education opportunities.
- Represent the program and/or the Coalition at various local, state, and national meetings.
- Participate in public speaking opportunities as required, including providing budget and legislative testimony.
- Coordinate the development of briefing materials, talking points and other public policy and advocacy documentation for leadership and program staff as needed.
- Lead/assist in writing grants for policy and program activities.
- Synthesize complex policy issues and write Op-Eds, briefs, policy concept papers, memos, and white papers for funders, local, state, and national stakeholders, as well as for public consumption.
- Report project activity and progress regularly with the CEO and other Coalition staff and bodies, as well as partnering agencies. Compile and submit reporting, as directed by the supporting foundations.
- Work directly with foundation program officers for program specific funding to ensure timely reporting, program development, and adherence to requirements.
- The above are guidelines for the position but are not necessarily a delineation of all the actions/duties necessary to the job.
- Attends relevant training as necessary to maintain professional certification and/or knowledge.
- Adheres to the Camden Coalition’s guidelines and ensures the appropriate handling of sensitive information.
- May work non-traditional hours based on operational needs and to meet the needs of the community.
- Completes special projects specific to the function of the department.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of position expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrates ability to carefully set priorities, meet deadlines, and schedule time efficiently.
- Ability to synthesize complex information and develop well-written documents for advocacy efforts.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide-range of stakeholders.
- Ability to accurately type and effectively operate a computer and use a variety of common software programs including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to develop polished PowerPoint and Excel documents or equivalent for internal and external audiences.
- Ability to follow-up and follow-through with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well and maintain professionalism under occasional times of stress and pressure.
- Ability to manage and lead staff.
- Demonstrates ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrates ability to work with other people through a cooperative effort.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, and the community.
Experience, Education, and Licensure
Experience: 3+ years’ experience in policy research and analysis, program planning/management, organizational administration, administrative and legislative advocacy or related work preferred. Expertise with Microsoft Suite. (The Camden Coalition is open to filling this position by someone with more experience in which case the description and title would change to reflect the candidate’s experience and responsibilities, e.g., Associate Director of Policy & Advocacy).
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently stand; walk and sit in an office environment.
- There will be occasional lifting up to 15-20lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although work is primarily indoors, you may be required to travel outside to business community locations.
- Our current work environment is a hybrid in person/remote model with an expected minimum of two days in the Camden, NJ office.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, familial status, marital/civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for military service, disability status (mental or physical, including perceived disability, and AIDS and HIV status), protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.