Website Planned Parenthood Action Fund
Raiz Community Organizer – Part Time (10 – 15 hours per week)
Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey is seeking a part-time Raiz Community Organizer to
engage and grow a base of Latinx supporters and build power for the reproductive health movement in
the Latinx community here in New Jersey. From leading community events and workshops to mobilizing
volunteers to hold their elected officials accountable, the Raiz organizer is responsible for
empowering Latinx community members in our Generation Action campus based programs, our volunteer led Community Action Teams, and in our health centers.
This position requires frequent travel across the state and a flexible schedule including nights
The Raiz Community Organizer:
• Builds transformational relationships with volunteers, community partners, and coalition members
via grassroots organizing programs.
• Designs community advocacy trainings to empower volunteers and leads workshops on sexual and
reproductive health policy issues.
• Represents Planned Parenthood in high-level dialogues with external constituencies.
• Leads activities such as citizen lobbying, tabling, canvassing, community presentations, phone
banking, health center advocacy, and volunteer trainings.
• Organizes community events and all related logistics, outreach, and recruitment.
• Manages Community Action Teams and campus based Generation Action programs.
• Creates materials to educate volunteers and coalition partners on key issues and engage them in
• 1 – 2 years of experience leading issue advocacy outreach and grassroots organizing campaigns
with volunteers and coalition partners
• Deep experience living or working in Latinx or immigrant communities in the US
• A proven track record of building strong relationships with volunteers, coalition partners, and
colleagues based on effective interpersonal skills
• Compelling and persuasive public speaker
• Strong commitment to and understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion and the intersection
of health and racial justice
• Ability to identify priorities, work independently, and as part of a team spread out across
• Available in off-hours for rapid response and flexible schedule for programs on some nights
• Bilingual/ fluent Spanish language
From your first day on the job, you will be immersed in a hands-on, hit-the-ground running
experience. Every day will come with unique challenges – but rest assured you’ll never be alone in
handling them – our team has each other’s backs. We offer career development opportunities and a
supportive work culture. Apply online at ppncsnj.org
PPNCSNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.plannedparenthood.org.