Website Planned Parenthood
Public Affairs Manager, Central New Jersey
Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey is seeking a Public Affairs Manager responsible for
building grassroots influence for implementation of the agency’s advocacy campaigns in Central New
Jersey. The manager serves as an ambassador with volunteers, coalition partners and key community
contacts and engages supporters through meaningful training programs and advocacy activities. This
role is responsible for building the leadership of our Community Action Teams and empowering our
college students by partnering on campus based programming. From cultivating and stewarding
relationships with volunteers, coalition partners, and legislators to leading phone banks,
canvassing and rallies, the Public Affairs Manager works each day to advance the mission of Planned
Parenthood. Their number one goal is to mobilize and activate a diverse and passionate grassroots
movement for sexual and reproductive health in Central NJ. This position requires frequent travel
across the state and a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
The Public Affairs Manager:
• Builds transformational relationships with volunteers, community partners, and coalition members
via grassroots organizing programs.
• Designs community advocacy trainings to empower volunteers and leads workshops on sexual and
reproductive health policy issues.
• Represents Planned Parenthood in high-level dialogues with external constituencies.
• Leads activities such as citizen lobbying, tabling, canvassing, community presentations, phone
banking, health center advocacy, and volunteer trainings.
• Organizes community events and all related logistics, outreach, and recruitment.
• Manages Community Action Teams and campus based Generation Action programs.
• Creates materials to educate volunteers and coalition partners on key issues and engage them in
• 2 – 4 years of experience leading issue advocacy outreach and grassroots organizing campaigns
with volunteers and coalition partners
• A proven track record of building strong relationships with volunteers, coalition partners, and
colleagues based on effective interpersonal skills
• Compelling and persuasive public speaker
• Strong commitment to and understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion and the intersection
of health and racial justice
• Ability to identify priorities, work independently, and as part of a team spread out across
• Available in off-hours for rapid response and flexible schedule for programs on some nights
From your first day on the job, you’ll be immersed in a hands-on, hit-the-ground running
experience. Every day will come with unique challenges – but rest assured you’ll never be alone in
handling them – our team has each other’s backs. Beyond a meaningful career and an excellent
benefits package, we offer career development opportunities and a supportive work culture. In
addition to a competitive salary, PPNCSNJ offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a
401(k) plan. Apply online at ppncsnj.org
PPNCSNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit ppncsnj.org.