Have you heard of Social Determinants of Health? Want to learn more about how they impact your community’s health and ideas for how your MWC can address them?
Join us July 20th for the first installment of our MWC webinar series focused on how communities can leverage their MWC to improve residents’ health outcomes. Learn about our 2 new MWC tools and how addressing topics such as access to healthy foods and access to open, safe space can improve your community’s overall health. Hear from a MWC town about their efforts to improve their neighborhood’s environment and its impact on resident’s health.
Who Should Attend?
- Mayors and elected officials
- Local Health Department staff
- Municipal and School District employees
- MWC committee members and volunteers
- Others interested in addressing SDOH in their community
You Will Learn:
- What are social determinants of health and how they impact your community
- Strategies communities can use to address food security and access to open, safe space
- Resources and tools to support residents in need of social supports
- How to utilize these two new MWC tools to enhance community initiative
Click here to register today.
John Pepen, MPP, MD, General and Acute Care Surgeon and Quality Institute Fellow, Atlantic Health Systems Overlook Medical Center
Shaina Foster, MS, CHES, Senior Community Engagement Manager, Unite Us
Julie DeSimone, LSW, Program Officer Mayors Wellness Campaign, New Jersey Health Care Quality Institute
Submit your questions ahead of time to Katie Bisaha, Community Health & Policy Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrants will receive an e-copy of the tools prior to the launch webinar.